CRAZY HORSE LEATHER CARE GUIDE
CARING FOR YOUR CRAZY HORSE LEATHER BAG - CRAZY HORSE LEATHER CARE GUIDE
We are proud of the quality and craftsmanship of our bags. Every Givi bag is designed to be tough enough to survive even the most rugged terrains while retaining their timeless beauty. Each bag must undergo a special process to earn the status of the Crazy Horse label. Bumps, bangs, and scratches intensify the bag’s vintage look and beauty. The quality craftsmanship allows the bag to carry a heavy load while still retaining shape. With proper care, your Givi bag will hold up to decades of service.
IF YOUR GIVI CRAZY HORSE LEATHER BAG GETS WET:
- Simply wipe dry with a soft leather cloth.
- Do not store your bag while wet.
- Wipe off any moisture before storing to prevent mould or mildew.
- After drying bag: Hang to dry or turn bag inside-out.
- Do not use a hairdryer or any type of heat to dry your bag. Applying heat can cause the leather to crack or harden.
- Wipe spills off with a slightly dampened cloth.
- Do NOT use detergents or cleansers on your Crazy Horse leather bag – this will discolour the leather and can destroy the beauty of the bag.
- If necessary: Use a soft toothbrush to gently scrub away any stains.
Our leather bags are designed to take a beating and still retain their luxurious antique leather look. Scratches and bumps help to increase the beauty of the bag and add to its unique vintage look.
TO ELIMINATE UNWANTED SCRATCHES:
- Using a soft dry cloth – rub scratch in a circular motion to redistribute wax coating.
- For a deep scratch - leather wax can be applied to bring the leather back to its previous condition.
- Leather cream or wax should be applied periodically to preserve softness and lustre.
SPECIAL CARE FOR YOUR GIVI CRAZY HORSE LEATHER BAG:
Your Givi Crazy Horse leather bag can last a lifetime when properly cared for. Each bag has been designed to age beautifully – as it is 100% natural cowhide, the leather will change hue with every scratch and bump, adding to the striking vintage look our bags are famous for. This ability to change hue and retain the stunning antique lustre is exclusive to Crazy Horse leather bags. Wear and tear will increase the bag’s beauty - however, we recommend periodically treating your bag with leather cream or wax to preserve its softness and sheen.
To ensure your bag’s ability to retain its shape, lustre, and beauty for a lifetime of use we recommend:
TO AVOID STRETCHING THE LEATHER:
- Limit the number of items stored in the bag over long periods.
- Limit storing heavy items for long periods.
- Avoid over-stuffing pockets.
TO KEEP YOUR CRAZY HORSE LEATHER SOFT AND SUPPLE:
- TEST a small patch before coating entire bag. Some products can change the colour of the leather.
- Apply a THIN, even layer of leather balm or leather wax to your bag with a soft, clean sponge.
- Wipe off any excess balm (or wax) with a soft, dry, leather cloth.
We strongly recommend periodically treating your bag to a coating of leather balm or wax to prevent the leather from becoming dry or cracked.
Caution: Overuse of products designed to keep leather soft can result in too much softening and may result in the bag losing its shape.
STORING YOUR CRAZY HOUSE LEATHER BAG:
- Protect your bag by storing it in a clean, dry space.
- Wipe away any moisture before storing your bag.
- Be sure the bag is completely DRY before storing it.
- For optimal results in maintaining the bag’s shape – empty bag before storing.
- For long periods of storage, we recommend keeping the bag in a soft cotton pillowcase. This will prevent discoloration from dust or infestation by insects (always check for them after a hike!).
- If you plan for your bag to stay in storage for an extended length of time, inspect it every 3-4 weeks. If you store the bag without emptying it first, check every 1-2 weeks to avoid stretching or mould.
We designed our bags with durability, functionality, and beauty in mind. Our craftsmanship and materials are of the highest quality. Please follow our recommended care guide to keep your Crazy Horse leather bag in optimal condition, year after year. With proper care, your bag will last for decades of use.